lets enter a new platform. with a boombang. a bada kind of bingbang. another of the big guns needs to play by their own rules. samsung’s defend place in worldwide market reveal was hard fought but it will be a while before they as much as want the same for the bada. they’ve been a consistent innovator over the last join of living but getting baby bada up and running must be somewhat a challenge.
the samsung s8500 wave is bada’s hauler vessel and it sure looks interesting. it seems to have the right thing to make it newsworthy: slim profile and an absolutely gorgeous cover. nevertheless is it enough to make it a triumph?
over the former living new touchscreen platforms have been diffusion like wildfire but not all of them have managed to clutch on as well as their developers must have been hopeful. android fares well but still hasn’t fairly overcome its mounting pains, while the well advanced symbian platform is still approach to terms with touchscreen.
samsung s8500 wave;s overview
* form issue:touchscreen bar
* general:gsm 850/900/1800/1900 mhz, umts 1900/2100 mhz, edge category 10, hsdpa 7.2 mbps and hsupa 2 mbps
* dimensions:10.9 mm slight
480 x 800 pixels resolution, abandon-resilient schooner surface
* platform: bada os
* display:3.3" 16m-flush super amoled capacitive touchscreen with 16:9 position ratio and * cpu: 1 ghz processor
* camera: 5-megapixels vehicle-focus camera, 720p tape demo
* memory: 2gb home memory, microsd license slot
* misc: accelerometer for check auto rotate, proximity antenna for transmit auto-stroll-off, ambient light sensor, fm radio with rds, divx/xvid support, multi-contact record and pinch-zooming gestures
* battery: 1500 mah array
* connectivity: wi-fi 802.11 b/g/n, bluetooth 3.0 with a2dp, pattern microusb seaport, gps receiver with a-gps, 3.5mm audio jack
while in the geeks' world 720p video footage and 1 ghz cpu are probably the best remedies for a few usability issues. however they advance the rate of the badge and that in junction prevents some people from purchasing it. and in a market where smartphones come in all tastes and flavors you very want to get you gadget in as many pockets as possible, the s8500 wave is among the best spec’d samsung phones we’ve seen and it seems every view of the complete performance will have to attract its mass. samsung are satirical to focus notice on the early bada os, and that might as well bring impending fruit. however, if the fresh platform fails to execute as expected, its shortcomings will be harder to forgive.
nevertheless let’s not get early of ourselves and make hasty conclusions. we’ll hopefully know more about how samsung will pitch the first bada buzz to the users so let’s fallow no more time.